Table of Contents
50+ Empowering Quotes on Finances to Help Your Money Habits
These 50 motivational quotes about money will give you the boost you need, whether your goal is to improve your credit score, start building credit, or get your financial situation back on track. These quotations about accumulating wealth and paying off debt will motivate you.
Quotes about making money
Those who have achieved great success throughout history have frequently spoken with similar wisdom. Some of history’s greatest financial minds have said the things that follow. Though the tone and meaning of their messages differ, they all convey the same idea: Making money requires making deliberate financial decisions.
- “The key to money is to stay invested.” —Suze Orman, financial advisor
- “If you make meaning, you’ll make money.” —Guy Kawasaki, marketing specialist
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” —Jim Rohn, entrepreneur
- “Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.” —Andy Warhol, artist
- “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt, former U.S. President
- “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” —Robert Kiyosaki, businessman
- “If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” —Edmund Burke, economist
- “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” —Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the U.S.
- “Fortune sides with him who dares.” —Virgil, poet
- “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1.” —Warren Buffett, businessman
Quotes about saving and investing money
When it comes to saving money, fortune favors the patient. As these quotes confirm, successful saving and investing starts with a dedication to financial planning. Researching your steps and managing your debt and investments will help you save money and grow your financial prospects.
- “I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.” —Warren Buffett, businessman
- “If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.” —Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the U.S.
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” —Zig Ziglar, motivational speaker
- “Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.” —William A. Ward, writer
- “To acquire money requires valor, to keep money requires prudence, and to spend money well is an art.” —Berthold Auerbach, poet
- “Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing.” —J. Paul Getty, industrialist
- “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” —Paul Samuelson, economist
- “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know and start charging for it.” —Kim Garst, marketing strategist
- “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” —Ben Graham, economist
- “Money grows on the tree of persistence.” —Japanese proverb
Quotes about debt
The struggle to get out of debt is something that many people face. These finance quotes from philosophers to famous entrepreneurs discuss the struggles of paying off debt and emphasize the importance of money management.
- “Debt is one person’s liability, but another person’s asset.” —Paul Krugman, economist
- “Debt is a social and ideological construct, not a simple economic fact.” —Noam Chomsky, linguist
- “Some debts are fun when you are acquiring them, but none are fun when you set about retiring them.” —Ogden Nash, poet
- “Interest on debts grows without rain.” —Yiddish Proverb
- “Creditors have better memories than debtors.” —Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the U.S.
- “Debt is normal. Be weird.” —Dave Ramsey, author
- “It is thrifty to prepare today for the wants of tomorrow.” —Aesop, Greek storyteller
- “One of the greatest disservices you can do a man is to lend him money that he can’t pay back.” —Jesse Jones, entrepreneur
- “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” —Norman Vincent Peale, minister
- “Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.” —Henry Wheeler Shaw, American humorist
Quotes about financial success
Financial success occurs when you gain control over your money. Successful people from Oprah to Nelson Mandela share that same sentiment. And, through hard work and staying true to oneself, success in all arenas can be yours to achieve. From building credit to running a successful business, financial success starts with personal success.
- “Financial fitness is not a pipe dream or a state of mind. It’s a reality if you are willing to pursue it and embrace it.” —Will Robinson, author
- “I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.” —Oprah Winfrey, talk show host
- “You can’t always visualize the reward, but you can believe in the sacrifice if the vision is strong enough.” —Don Connelly, motivational speaker
- “Do not focus on money, instead focus on a problem that needs to be solved for the world. Money will follow you as a bi-product.” —Manoj Arora, author
- “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” —Dave Ramsey, author
- “Money won’t create success, freedom to make it will.” —Nelson Mandela, former President of South Africa
- “You don’t need to raise money. You need to be smart and be focused.” —Mark Cuban, entrepreneur
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” —Ayn Rand, writer
- “If you lose money you lose much, if you lose friends you lose more, if you lose faith you lose all.” —Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady of the U.S.
- “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” —Maya Angelou, poet
Quotes about financial freedom
It is no surprise that financial freedom allows us to pursue our dreams. But, as these famous lines can verify, the pursuit of our dreams can also bring about the very freedom we seek. Whether achieved by having a good credit score or saving to retire early, the individual determines financial peace and freedom. In short, to become financially free, you must first achieve the freedom of self-reliance.
“When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” —Suze Orman, financial advisor
“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” —Henry David Thoreau, poet
“The goal isn’t more money. The goal is living life on your terms.” —Chris Brogan, author
“More important than the how we achieve financial freedom, is the why. Find your reasons why you want to be free and wealthy.” —Robert Kiyosaki, businessman
“Your economic security does not lie in your job; it lies in your own power to produce—to think, to learn, to create, to adapt. That’s true financial independence. It’s not having wealth; it’s having the power to produce wealth.” —Stephen Covey, educator
“Pursuing your passion is fulfilling and leads to financial freedom.” —Robert G. Allen, author
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” —Epictetus, Greek philosopher
“Working because you want to, not because you have to, is financial freedom.” —Tony Robbins, American author
“The best thing money can buy is financial freedom.” —Rob Berger, author and investor
“Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self.” —Nathan W. Morris, financial advisor
Create good financial habits
Applying the wisdom of well-known (and affluent) thinkers to daily situations can be challenging. Even though the people who have said these money quotes are among the most successful in history, they have accumulated more than just material wealth over the course of their lives. Their astute observations on success, life, and money can serve as excellent sources of financial motivation.
These statements and quotations are ultimately just the words of wealthy, powerful individuals. Not all advice or words of wisdom will apply to you. However, in the words of Mark Twain, “How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it.” Thus, make use of these inspirational sayings as a guide to help you mold your lives.
All investors, be they novices with a low credit score or seasoned pros getting ready for retirement, should apply these insightful words to fit their interests and strengths.
When it comes to financial success, those who constantly make sure their money is working for them will be the most prosperous. Prosperous investors will use persistence and an unwavering quest of knowledge as their weapons. Seldom is wealth a sprint. Making snap decisions can result in debt and tragedy. Financial independence and success are ultimately attained via self-discipline and hard work.