Table of Contents
50 Motivational Trading & Investment Quotes Ever For Traders
Are you fond of trading? You probably do. I know it’s rewarding and a lot of fun. Well, not always. Sometimes it’s just dangerous and difficult. It’s not enough to wing it and cross your fingers. You must be well-versed in the markets, possess a sound strategy, execute it with discipline, and possess a strong psychological foundation. Because of this, a lot of traders search for advice and strategies from professionals who have achieved success in this game.
In addition to some trading quotes with practical trading advice that will undoubtedly help you succeed in your trading career, we present to you in this article the best inspirational trading and investment quotes full of wisdom.
Warren Buffett Investment Quotes
Warren Buffett the most successful investor in the world who is the third richest man since 2014 with 82 billion dollars estimated fortune – according to Forbes Magazine this year. This billionaire who spends most of his time in reading has a lot of wise quotes in this area. Here are top investment quotes he wrote:
● Quote 1: “Successful investing takes time, discipline and patience.”
No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time.
● Quote 2: “Invest in yourself as much as you can; you are your own biggest asset by far.”
Unlike other investments, your skills are your own assets, and can not be booked for taxes, for example, or stolen from you.
● Quote 3: “I’ll tell you how to become rich: close all doors, beware when others are greedy and be greedy when others are afraid.”
The key to investing is; to buy while prices are dumping, and when it goes up, everyone stops selling as they think that the prices will continue rising, at this point you should sell.
● Quote 4: “When it’s raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble.”
It’s one of great investment quotes, as Buffet points to take the best advantage you can from the opportunities when it comes.
● Quote 5: It’s much better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a suitable company at a wonderful price.
Buffett prefers to buy quality stocks at bottom prices, and he always explains that the price you pay for a stock isn’t the same as the value you get.
● Quote 6:“Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.” – Warren Buffett
Trading Psychology Quotes
Traders’ psychological state is a crucial thing that affects their performance and decisions. Traders need to be disciplined to adhere to previously established trading plans as the emotions should not be involved. There are a lot of stories about in this section, here are the famous trader’s quotes about psychology.
● Quote 1: “Hope is bogus emotion that only costs you money.” – Jim Cramer
This is one of the famous crypto trading quotes, while several people buying shitcoins hopefully that prices will go up, but the results were disastrous.
● Quote 2: “You need to know very well when to move away, or give up the loss, and not allow the anxiety to trick you into trying again.” – Warren Buffett
Losses affect to the trader’s psyche, and the result may be harmful, so take a break when things move wrong.
● Quote 3: “The market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.” – warren buffet
The impatient person is likely going to lose money in trading due to his rush while the patient trader may going to gain.
● Quote 4: “Trade What’s Happening… Not What You Think Is Gonna Happen.” – Doug Gregory
● Quote 5: “The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the person of inferior emotional balance, or the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.” – Jesse Livermore
Self-restraint is an essential element in trading activity.
● Quote 6: “When I get hurt in the market, I get the hell out. It doesn’t matter at all where the market is trading. I just get out, because I believe that once you’re hurt in the market, your decisions are going to be far less objective than they are when you’re doing well… If you stick around when the market is severely against you, sooner or later they are going to carry you out.” – Randy McKay
Your psychology state may lead you to make decisions you might not have expected, and you may throw yourself at higher risks without stopping.
● Quote 7: “When you genuinely accept the risks, you will be at peace with any outcome. ” – Mark Douglas
● Quote 8: “I think investment psychology is by far the more important element, followed by risk control, with the least important consideration being the question of where you buy and sell.” – Tom Basso
Successful Trading System
An additional group of best trading quotes about how to set up a success trading system in the financial markets.
● Quote 1: “All the math you need in the stock market you get in the fourth grade.” – Peter Lynch
High math skills is a great thing, but it is not necessary for trading.
● Quote 2: “The key to trading success is emotional discipline. If intelligence were the key, there would be a lot more people making money trading… I know this will sound like a cliche, but the single most important reason that people lose money in the financial markets is that they don’t cut their losses short.” – Victor Sperandeo
● Quote 3: “The elements of good trading are (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.”
● Quote 4: “I have been trading for decades and I am still standing. I have seen a lot of traders come and go. They have a system or a program that works in some specific environments and fails in others. In contrast, my strategy is dynamic and ever-evolving. I constantly learn and change.” – Thomas Busby
● Quote 5: “You never know what kind of setup market will present to you, your objective should be to find an opportunity where risk-reward ratio is best.” – Jaymin Shah
● Quote 6: “Many investors make the mistake of buying high and selling low while the exact opposite is the right strategy to outperform over the long term.” – John Paulson
Trading Quotes On Markets
● Quote 1: “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”
The best trading motivational quotes from Buffett.
● Quote 2: “Never confuse your position with your best interest. Many traders take a position in a stock and form an emotional attachment to it. They’ll start losing money, and instead of stopping themselves out, they’ll find brand new reasons to stay in. When in doubt, get out!” – Jeff Cooper, Author.
● Quote 3: “The core problem, however, is the need to fit markets into a style of trading rather than finding ways to trade that fit with market behavior.” – Brett Steenbarger
● Quote 4: “Stock price movements actually begin to reflect new developments before it is generally recognized that they have taken place.” – Arthur Zeikel
● Quote 5: “The only true test of whether a stock is “cheap” or “high” is not its current price in relation to some former price, no matter how accustomed we may have become to that former price, but whether the company’s fundamentals are significantly more or less favorable than the current financial-community appraisal of that stock.” – Philip Fisher
● Quote 6: “In trading, everything works sometimes and nothing works always.”
Risk Management Trading
Financial life is more comfortable and safer when you have good risk management skills. Fortunately, you don’t need great mathematics skills to be good at it. Here are the best quotes ever about risk management.
● Quote 1: “Amateurs think about how much money they can make. Professionals think about how much money they could lose.” – Jack Schwager
● Quote 2: “You never know what kind of setup market will present to you, your objective should be to find an opportunity where risk-reward ratio is best.” – Jaymin Shah
The best opportunity is; when risks at a minimal level.
● Quote 3: “Investing in yourself is the best thing you can do, and as a part of investing in yourself; you should learn more about money management.” – Warren Buffett
As an investor, Buffett points to the most significant part of his job; reducing the risks as possible. High risks always caused by those who don’t know what they do.
● Quote 4: “5/1 risk/reward ratio allows you to have a hit rate of 20%. I can actually be a complete imbecile. I can be wrong 80% of the time and still not lose.” – Paul Tudor Jones
Whatever your genius is, you can’t be true most times in trading.
● Quote 5: “Don’t test the depth of the river with both your feet while taking the risk” – Warren Buffett
Do not risk with all you have! One of the best of Buffett quotes on investment.
● Quote 6: “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” – John Maynard Keynes
● Quote 7: “Letting losses run is the most serious mistake made by most investors.” One of Benjamin Graham quotes.
Your trading plan should have a stop loss.
Daily Discipline and Patience
Trading is a great way to make money, but slow down! It’s not easy. You have to know that only a few people succeed in it. This set of trading quotes explains how professional traders achieve success in trading.
● Quote 1: “The desire for constant action irrespective of underlying conditions is responsible for many losses in Wall Street.” – Jesse Livermore
One of the famous trading quotes on Wall Street.
● Quote 2: “If most traders would learn to sit on their hands 50 percent of the time, they would make a lot more money. ” – Bill Lipschutz
● Quote 3: “If you can’t take a small loss, sooner or later you will take the mother of all losses.” – Ed Seykota
● Quote 4: ”If you want real insights that can make you more money, look at the scars running up and down your account statements. Stop doing what’s harming you, and your results will get better. It’s a mathematical certainty!” – Kurt Capra
● Quote 5: “The question should not be how much I will profit on this trade! The true question is; will I be fine if I don’t profit from this trade.” – Yvan Byeajee
● Quote 6: “Successful traders tend to be instinctive rather than overly analytical.”- Joe Ritchie
● Quote 7: ” I just wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime.” – Jim Rogers
Funny Trading Quotes
● Quote 1: “It’s only when the tide goes out that you learn who has been swimming naked.” – Warren Buffett
● Quote 2: “The trend is your friend – until it stabs you in the back with a chopstick.” – @StockCats
● Quote 3: “Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die of euphoria.” – John Templeton
● Quote 4:“Rising tide lifts all boats over the wall of worry and exposes bears swimming naked.” – @StockCats
● Quote 5: “One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.” – William Feather
● Quote 6: “There are old traders and there are bold traders, but there are very few old, bold traders.” — Ed Seykota
● Quote 7: “The main purpose of stock market is to make fools of as many men as possible” – Bernard Baruch
● Quote 8: “Investing is like poker. You should only play the good hands, and drop out of the poor hands, forfeiting the ante.” –Gary Biefeldt
● Quote 9: “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” – Donald Trump
● Quote 10: “There is time to go long, time to go short and time to go fishing.” — Jesse Lauriston Livermore